Regulatory and government agencies are invited to participate and present presentations and research. Submissions to present are in the format of short papers of approximately 800-2000 words that help participants to identify a strategy, and ways it could be implemented for Protected Areas in Aotearoa New Zealand by 2050. As we strive towards new ways of thinking about our protected areas, we invite those working within and across these conference themes.
We invite you to participate in the following ways:
- To write and present a research-informed short article (800-2000 words) that will form part of the published online proceedings.
- For organisations with an involvement in protected areas to write and present a policy-focused short article (800-2000 words) that will also form part of the published online proceedings.
- Displaying and presenting poster material
- To participate in the conference, including taking part in the discussion
Themes for the Conference are (including those that overlap):
- PROTECTING BIODIVERSITY
- CONNECTING PEOPLE
- MANA WHENUA IN PROTECTED AREAS
- POLICY AND GOVERNANCE
- RECREATION AND TOURISM MANAGEMENT
Research-informed and policy-focused abstracts DUE APRIL 30th (updated from April 20th)
Programme and presentation schedule TBC
Register your interest to present: